I’m in a Ph.D. program through Regent University studying Organizational Leadership, specifically authentic transformational leadership. I never thought life would bring me to this point, but it’s fascinating to realize when you were made for something. I was made to do this work. And, honestly, it’s a privilege to do this work. I am learning how to find joy in the journey of uncovering each puzzle piece that will lead to a beautiful picture one day.
What I’ve learned? Find Joy. Find Life.
However, this kind of work requires faith, focus, and a whole lotta caffeine. Thus, the reason for this post.
I love coffee shops. Especially the unique ones around Tulsa. Each shop has its own personality and character. Also, I don’t know about you, but I love seeing all the people and wondering which piece of the puzzle they are working on in their journey. I wonder where everyone is from and want to meet them all. Because after all, we are all connected in some way. And, meeting new people is one of my favorite hobbies.
I’ve been asked lately which coffee shops are best for working, studying and enjoying inspiring talks over coffee or tea.
Here are a few of my favorites around town. I post this with some reservation because then the secret will be out (ha!). Although, I want you to find that place to work and be inspired. Why? Because the world needs you in the game to create, innovate, and bring positive change.
I love DoubleShot for so many reasons. I frequent it most often because there’s a higher chance of finding a place to sit! The doors to this place opened in 2004 and have been home away from home to Tulsans and visitors over the years. Here are a few reasons why I love this place…
- $2 bottomless coffee and the coffee selection is amazing every single time. And…when I get overly focused on writing or studying and my coffee gets cold they are super gracious to provide a refill for free.
- The chairs are comfortable to sit in for long hours and provide much-needed back support.
- All the tables are big and have enough space for all the books. Plus, someone can share a table with you without feeling cramped.
- Plug-ins readily available for when the computer needs charged.
- The nonstop homemade goods prepared in plain sight providing quite the aroma (and good temptation).
- Please try the food, it’s delicious. All of it. Not that I have tried everything (almost though). Breakfast Burritos are a must (you’re welcome) but get there early to get one before they sell out!
- Everyone who works there is welcoming and even lets you have a to-go coffee when they are closing shop for the day. I’ve helped them close too many times to count.
- On Saturdays, they close at 3 pm, which means migrating to another coffee shop. However, they open at 7:00 am during the week and close at 6:00 pm.
- I’ve met some awesome people passing through Tulsa by striking up conversations. Yes, I’m that person that makes friends with everyone. Try it, you never know who you may meet! Also, I see a lot of familiar Tulsa faces, which makes my heart happy.
- Great Wi-Fi connection. Enough said.
I discovered 918 Coffee about a year ago, but they opened in 2013. I can’t believe it took me this long to find this place! P.S. I’m here now and it’s quite the lovely establishment. A few reasons why this is a great place…
- The coffee is excellent, and they have one of the best coconut milk cappuccinos in town.
- All the tables are a nice size and the chairs are super comfortable.
- This place is great for studying, working, and hanging out with friends.
- Located on Route 66 makes it a terrific location. And, there is additional parking located in the back of the building.
- Great Wi-Fi connection.
- Open late.
Shades of Brown is very popular in town, which means if you want a seat – get there early. I like the back-room area the most for working and studying. The coffee and peppermint tea are wonderful and not too expensive. The seats and tables are comfortable and there is enough space to work for lengthy periods of time. Shades is open late too and the Wi-Fi is good.
These are just a few of the amazing coffee shops in Tulsa. Some other noteworthy ones that are on my list of rotations include…
Triangle Coffee – 314 S Cincinnati Ave, Tulsa, OK 74103
Time to say goodbye and get back to studying and writing. Say a prayer for me! One day I will take the time to tell you more about each coffee shop. For now, try them out and let me know which one is your favorite and why. Email me at firstname.lastname@example.org! Can’t wait to hear from you.
Coffee shops without a doubt play a role in the creation process for many reasons. Find yours and never let it go.
To hear more from me, sign up for my emails. Let’s be friends and go change the world together!